Monday, September 12, 2005

Time for a life change

There comes a time in every man's life when he stands up for himself, grabs life by the horns, and starts making his own tomato sauce.

UPDATE: That'll be next week sometime. I dunno. I'll get around to it eventually.

2 Comments:

At 13 September, 2005 08:22, Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 15-16 oz cans of tomato sauce
2 6 oz cans tomoato paste
1 tablespoon of garlic
1 tablespoon of oregano
1 tablespoon of basil
1 teaspoon of rosemary
2-3 bay leaves
1 tablespoon of brown sugar

Add 1 to 1.5 lbs of browned ground whatever if you want a meat sauce.

Obviously the spices and sugar can be adjusted to taste, but that's a good base.

 
At 13 September, 2005 19:38, Blogger RWBB said...

I can't believe this is the only comment I get. At least you read this.

I was being sarcastic, but that sounds good. I hate chunky tomato sauce. It should be consistent and thick enough to stay on top of pasta.

I can already tell you I'm tripling the garlic or whatever. Fresh chunks of garlic everywhere.

I feel the same way about ginger, but this wouldn't be the appropriate sauce for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home