Wednesday, September 07, 2005

My posts are too damn long

So I've been told. They're probably not very interesting either. Luckily I write this primarily for myself and the one or two friends who show up here. I tried writing for an audience on older blogs and it was boring. Sure the attention was fun, but I spent entirely too much time editing, second guessing, and emailing with other bloggers. I just don't have enough time in my day to do all that again. To give you an idea, today I got up at 5am, took a shower and got to work around 6:30am, left at 7pm, and got home at 7:30pm. My rearviewmirror never left the "night" setting. It's still officially summer.

There's only so much time I'm going to invest in this. It would be different if I could blog from work (actually I can, but I could never write a blog like this from work and if I can't write blog like this then I don't give a rat's ass). If the random person finds it interesting enough to stick around, that's really cool. And if old friends from the burg dig it, that's even cooler. This is for me and them, afterall. But I'm not going to invest myself in this too deeply. Mostly I'm using it as a journal of what I do with my life. If you dispute the record use the comments. Frankly, the less attention I draw to myself the better anyway.

Here's a list of places to donate to the Katrina victims, for anyone who feels so inclined. I am utterly disgusted by the various grotesqueries of human nature and remarkably impressed by its loftier side at the same time. I don't really have much to say about it. Actually, I have tons to say about it, but I'm not going to. That wouldn't be any fun and I need some non-computer time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home