Sunday, September 11, 2005

Michael Chertoff: liar

Chertoff: Katrina scenario did not exist
However, experts for years had warned of threat to New Orleans


WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Defending the U.S. government's response to Hurricane Katrina, Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff argued Saturday that government planners did not predict such a disaster ever could occur.

But in fact, government officials, scientists and journalists have warned of such a scenario for years.

Chertoff, fielding questions from reporters, said government officials did not expect both a powerful hurricane and a breach of levees that would flood the city of New Orleans.

Michael Chertoff, fuck you. You are piece of shit of the highest caliber. I know people like you and see them everyday. You bullshit your way through everything, and do a pretty good job of it. I'm going to guess you got where you did through "birthright" and connections, and I'll forgive you for that. Hell, if I was going to hold that against you I would have to hate most of the world, and I just can't live that way. My cushy life is due to the same sorts of forces and I'll reluctantly accept that our society isn't a pure meritocracy. So I'll make you a deal. No harm done if you pull through when it counts.

But you didn't do that, did you? When the shit hits the fan this is what you do. Instead of strong leadership and timely action it's all excuses and coverup. No accountability. God forbid, don't take any responsibility. That would break my fucking heart.

"
[O]fficials did not expect both a powerful hurricane and a breach of levees that would flood the city of New Orleans."

You know this is a lie. You know it is. And so does anyone else literate. It's so unbelievably asinine to even make a comment like this my head is going to explode. It's your freakin' job to plan for these contingencies, you ninny. It's your job to plan for disasters exactly like this. That's why we like, ya know, created an agency whose purpose is to prepare for these things. So we would be ready. If you weren't up to the task I'm sure Bush could have found you some paper pushing job, with a grand title and a nice large ego stroking desk in a corner office.

I told you I shouldn't start talking about this. Have a good week, both of my readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home