Wednesday, February 01, 2006

It's too bad there's no racial epithet for Danes

In support of Denmark, I offer (what appears to be) every picture of Mohammed in history.

I considered buying something Danish, but I went to the sites and didn't see anything I wanted other than cheese which they don't ship outside of Europe. Maybe I'll buy a danish, but I just don't see myself buying Danish (other than Legos, which are now on my various nephews' and nieces' gift lists). Anyone know of any good Danish beer?

This reminds me of something I realized a little while ago when I saw another tired "blasphemy of Jesus as art" thing. Remember all the crap Giuliani took for forcing out of a taxpayer funded museum a painting of the Virgin Mary made out of shit or something? If the artist really had any balls they would have done that with Mohammed's image. But of course it's so much safer to enrage the southern American Christian zealotry. T'wouldn't do to bask in your smugness unsafely, now t'would it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home