I'm suddenly a huge NFL fan
Moving to a city that goes to the Super Bowl will do that. Plus I went to the Redskins game and had an awesome time. We got a little wet after the game, but notice that I said after the game. 70% of the stands are under the overhang. That plus Seattle's balmy winter temperatures of around 50 every day made for quite an enjoyable afternoon.
{{ Pause to let the goodness of the pacific northwest sink in for RCR. }}
Growing up West Virginian, I went for the Steelers but was always more interested in Madden's pixelated version of the NFL than the real thing. And once I got a license that attention turned towards pot and girls anyway. Speaking of, I just got my first hookup in Seattle. Not bad for 45. Supposedly it originally comes from an AIDS patient who sells most of his legal pot.
{{ Pause to let the goodness of the pacific northwest sink in a little more for RCR. }}
I was going for the Bears since I was living in Chicago only 6 weeks ago, of course, but that's a loyalty call I luckily(?) don't have to make. I have no overwhelming emotional investment in the team, but they finally felt like my hometown team just as I was leaving. Let's just say you don't pin all your hopes on rickity boats named Titanic (and you don't build emotional attachments to said boat if the captain is Kordell Stewart). I would love to see the Bears win the Super Bowl. Maybe next year.
So naturally I'm going for the Seahawks in the Super Bowl, though I wouldn't mind if the Steelers won (I realize that I just proved I'm not a diehard Seahawks fan).
But if I had to pick the game, I'd say Steelers. Pittsburgh got there the hard way and proved they can play away and win 3 times in a row against the Colts and the Broncos. Seattle's two wins at home are impressive, but not that impressive. Plus Detroit is a home game for the Steelers.
My prediction for next year's best team: The Cubs.

1 Comments:
Wait, the Steelers are good again? Wow, the 80's really did make a comeback.
Post a Comment
<< Home