What will be my only post about the war
I've been deliberately avoiding the war on this blog for a variety of reasons I don't feel like going into. But I read this today and had to at least nod in its direction. I've quietly left the link to this blog in my short blogroll all along, but never mentioned it. So consider this a gentle hey-look-over-there.
Obviously I don't assume that people buy into his outlook, and I certainly don't claim to buy into it either. As you've probably already guessed, he's clearly in favor of what we're doing in Iraq -- not surprising from an ex Green Beret turned journalist. But take it from someone who's dug deeply into the milblogger culture, this is the most fascinating/harrowing look at the war on the ground since My War got silenced and it may be the fairest, his conclusion notwithstanding. If that sounds interesting to you at all, you want to read this.
The famous picture he took that he references halfway down (but strangely doesn't link to) is in this post, this pic.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home