Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Fwoooosh!

So I came home from work today and as I carried in the milk I bought at a local supermercado (a little light on the "super" in my opinion), I heard the distinctive sound of a fighter jet flying overhead, a sound normally only heard in movies or video games. "What the fuck?" I thought, not making the connection.

I soon forgot about it and began grilling chicken. I tucked into the breasts with enthusiasm (what a great sentence). Yum! It's good. And without all the extra fat found in beef and pork. But then there it is again! I run outside to see what it is, but all I get is reverbed jetwash off the old buildings. "Dammit", I'm thinking, "What the fuck is going on?" Planes don't usually fly over my house. I checked the TV: nuthin'. I check the internet and voila: The Chicago Air and Water Show. The same one that was held last mid-August. Apparently the yearly event is now an annual tradition.

Aside: The same air show took me by surprise a year ago. Planes coming into O'Hare on at least one approach follow right down the Kennedy, my way home. It's not uncommon for me to be directly sitting underneath several huge airliners making their final approach, headed straight for me (but thankfully several hundred feet above). Imagine my reaction when instead of big lopey airliners I saw sexy jets pulling sick loops and suchnot. It was hell of cool.

2 Comments:

At 19 August, 2005 12:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny how fwoosh rhymes with douche.

 
At 19 August, 2005 13:22, Blogger RWBB said...

Funny how Jbad ryhmes with unnecessary comment!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home